On the other side of the square stands the elegant Loggia Osii building (1316), built on behalf of Matteo Visconti in the 14th century.
From here we head towards Via Cantù crossing via Orefici (Contrada del Falcone VI - Contrada delle Cornacchie XII) and from via Cantù we arrive in Piazza Pio IX where we find the Biblioteca Ambrosiana founded by Cardinal Federico Borromeo in 1607. This library hosts books, manuscripts and parchments of inestimable value including the famous “Codex Atlanticus “, the most important Leonardo Da Vinci manuscript.
We now enter Via Moneta (contrada of Lupa XI - Contrada della Rosa XVII) where the spa and the Moneta were, then go through Via Bocchetto, across Fulcorina street (Contrada dei Morigi XVII) to get to Piazza San Sepolcro Borromei. Back onto Via Folcorina, we continue onto Via Theatre which brings us to the Stock Exchange in Piazza Affari. From here we enter into Via Santa Maria La Porta where we find the church that was designed in 1652 by architect Richini .
The project was then completed by Francesco Castelli, called Borromini, who was responsible for the construction of the Baroque portal and gable above .
We continue for a little bit of Via Borromei entering Via Gorani, then along Via Vigna and Via Luini (Contrada of Nirone XX),where the Church of San Maurizio is to be found.
The construction of the church we see today was started in 1503 on the site of another, more ancient building, but of which we know neither the shape nor the exact location. A tombstone informs us that in 1509 the work should have been completed.
In the second decade of the sixteenth century, Bernardio Luini was asked to complete much of the decoration of the church.
Here, among others, are the portraits of Ippolita Sforza, wife of Alessandro Bentivoglio, owners of the palace in Piazza S. Giovanni in Conca, who would appear to be the true sponsors of the decoration of the Renaissance church .